Connect with your personal Peer Career Coach
Start your first year. Student peer career coaches can help you get your career started early. They are graduate and undergraduate students who were in your position just a few years ago. Coaches are trained and experienced in career development, resume writing, job resources and techniques.
Find the right fit for experiential opportunities where you can progress toward your career goals. Learn to identify the skills desired by an employer, how to hone these skills and ultimately how to promote them as part of what makes you the best candidate for a position.
We offer a full range of professional preparation on an array of topics such as:
- career decision-making
- networking tips
- resume preparation and evaluation
- application and cover letter tips
- internship and job search strategies
- career fair strategies
- interview preparation and coaching
- salary negotiation
To make the most of your time with your student peer career coach or professional staff career advisor, before you schedule an appointment, please:
- Review the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering Career Center website for general information and resources
- Create a profile on Handshake which connects students and employers. Even more important, it is where you can find paid internships.
- Try out Optimal Resume which will help you create your high quality resume used to find paid internships and scholarships. From Handshake, go to the landing page to find Optimal Resume.