Dear ASU Fulton Schools of Engineering Employers,
Thank you for your continued support of our students and alumni. As the situation regarding COVID-19 continues to evolve, the Fulton Schools of Engineering Career Center at Arizona State University is here to help you with your recruitment needs. Our nearly 31,000 engineering students, representing 25+ undergraduate and 50+ graduate programs are excited to connect with you!
For more information on ASU’s response to the global COVID-19 pandemic, please visit: https://eoss.asu.edu/health/announcements/coronavirus
Recruiting Virtually Tips
- Follow ASU Recruiting Policies and post your open positions on Handshake. Need help with Handshake? Visit Handshake’s Employer Help Center!
- Host virtual recruiting events, such as information sessions, technical talks, and interviews in Handshake using Zoom, Google Hangouts, or Microsoft Team software. We will help you promote the event to our students and alumni.
- Search students who have public Handshake profiles using the “search students” tab by school year, major, or keyword. Send them a message once you have opened their profile.
Develop A Quality Internship Program (including virtual)
Handshake Virtual Recruitment Enhancements
Handshake Product Enhancements and Tips for Digital Recruitment Strategies
- Interviews now have the ability to include a hyperlink URL in the medium, office location, room and interviewer fields. When students click on this link it will open a new window and launch the video conferencing technology you have chosen.
- If you’re no longer visiting campuses, list your virtual events in Handshake. By listing your event, we can promote it to our students, enabling you to track RSVPs as students sign up and follow up with them afterwards. Use Handshake effectively to promote Q&As, office tours, and employee panels. Here’s an article on how to create virtual events in Handshake.
- Create authentic relationships by proactively messaging candidates that fit your qualified criteria using search filters and personalized outreach. This can drive both attendees to your virtual events and applicants to your jobs and internships.
- When posting a job or internship that “allows remote workers”, we recommend including verbiage indicating this in your position description as well. Students can search for positions using keyword search.
- Expand your digital outreach efforts to qualified candidates in new regions and schools without having to travel to them. A key benefit of digital outreach can be accessing a wider audience of talent. Handshake has put together a number of resources to help you navigate this challenging time, from webinars to guides and best practices. Check out their Guide to Hosting Virtual Recruiting Events.