First Year 2nd Semester Pathways
Things to know and do for engineering first year second semester students
- Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering students have your own Career Center designed to help you find career information, use job search resources, and host events so you can connect with employers which are seeking technical talent. This is in addition to ASU’s Career Services which serves all ASU students.
- September/October and February/March are the two peak times of the year when employers connect with college campuses to hire interns and new graduates. ASU career fairs take place during these peak recruiting times.
- Information about career fairs, company information sessions, internships, and companies recruiting on campus are found on Handshake. Register and fill out your profile.
- You can increase your chances of obtaining internships if you are prepared to apply and interview when the most employers are hiring. Preparation events and workshops are offered during the weeks before the fall and spring career fairs.
- Resources and presentations are available on this Engineering Career Center website.
- There are things that you should be doing NOW to make yourself a more competitive candidate – developing interpersonal skills and competencies along with increasing your technical expertise. Joining Fulton clubs and student chapters of professional organizations is a great way to enhance your skills early.